Things to do
Wildemann belongs to the seven former mining towns of the Upper Harz, whose origin is affiliated to mining. Since the Middle Ages mainly silver-containing ores have been exploited. The museum mine of "19-Lachter-Stollen" gives you a deep impression of mining in the past.
The "Spiegelbad" is open from June to September.
Offers around the year:
- easter fire
- Walpurgis with the dance into the May
- the famous cattle walk on Pentecost
- the bicycle rallye always in the end of August
- guided walking tours
- our barbecue evenings.
Trips through the Harz:
- In the very next to the house there are lots of footpaths and loipes.
- What about a sled party on our natural sled run?
- Here are some special sights in the surrounding:
- the imperial city Goslar
- Clausthal-Zellerfeld with the wooden church and the market for artistic handcrafts
- the cultural memorial "Oberharzer Wasserregal" with 60 lakes and streams
- shipping on the Okertal-barrage
- climb the Brocken by foot or by using the steam railway
- Bad Grund: "HöhlenErlebnisZentrum", dripstone cave and clock museum
- Lautenthal: mining museum and the Innerste-barrage
- What about a visit to Zoo Hannover?
- Or the western city "Pullman City"?
- Hexentanzplatz Thale
- and many more.
Single information and prospects as well as walking and car experience maps are available in our house.